Collagen peptides are scientifically proven to support:
- support skin health
- improve skin hydration
- increase dermal density
- reduce skin wrinkles
- reduce visibility of pores
- increase the strength of hair
Supplementation with 5g of collagen daily for 90 days:
- 13% reduction in wrinkles around the eyes
- 10% reduction in wrinkles around the mouth
- 13% increase in the strength of hair
Supplementation with 10g of collagen daily for 90 days significantly increased skin hydration by as much as 28% after eight weeks of intake. Collagen peptides help counteract the appearance of dry skin typical in ageing by increasing the skin's moisture levels.
In a study done using human skin samples, collagen treatment stimulated the production of hyaluronic acid. Collagen helps improve the skin's moisture by increasing the amount of water-binding hyaluronic acid in the epidermis.